Joe introduced me to Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza on our first trip to Fort Lauderdale and now we stop there often on our trips around the state. Since they bake the pizza in a coal oven it’s ready quickly so we can get back on the road. They have an arugula pizza that is amazing. I know it sounds weird, but it’s delicious. Plus salad on pizza makes it healthy, right?
We had some fresh sauce and mozzarella leftover from a pasta meal last week and a little arugula in the fridge, so I had to make pizza. I picked up dough from Publix, splurging an extra fifty cents for the pre-rolled dough which was definitely worth it. To add my own touch on the dough I coated the crust with a little olive oil and garlic powder. Next time, I’ll try making my own pizza dough from scratch.
- 1 cooked pizza, still hot from the oven
- 1 five ounce package of arugula
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs grated parmesan cheese
- Mix arugula with olive oil and grated parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
- Distribute arugula over hot pizza.
- Let sit for 1-2 minutes so the arugula begins to wilt from the heat of the pizza.
- Slice and serve pizza.
Linking up with:
Do you make pizza at home? If you have a recipe for dough I would love to try it.